FEATURED BIBLE VERSES

Natalia's: Psalm 19:1
"The heavens declare the glory of God, the skies proclaim the work of his hands."

Hope's: 1 Corinthians 9:24
"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize."

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Where To Start......

Hope here. Well, we are in Chicago, as we have been for a few days. But unfortunately, I didn't make it to the Semi-Final Bible Bee Round. I don't know what to think. I really thought I had it this year. I got over the urge to cry pretty fast, but now it's like a low cloud that hangs over me.

Fortunately, I have great friends to get me through this tough time. True friends stick with you through the ups and the downs, and I have been blessed with many of them. I honestly don't know what I would do or where I would be without them (especially Natalia).

Right now I am just praying for the other kids, and trying to think of the positives. I mean, I don't have to worry about messing up anymore, and I have some fun things coming up in Chicago. Like watching finals, the formal celebration dinner swimming with my new Bible Bee Friends, the American Girl Store, Navy Pier, and a lunch at Ed Debevic's Restaurant.

Today my Aunt Kimbra is coming down to the hotel, and then driving to Chicago with us tomorrow (we have a seperate hotel). That's another good thing- I haven't seen her in almost 2 years. I have to go to Finals now, which you can watch on the Bible Bee Website, but I will finish this post when we get back. For now I will publish what I have.

I'm back, and congrats to all the finalists. My aunt is here now, and I'm trying to be thankful for what I have. New friends, a great family, a nice hotel. The list could go on and on. But none of them really make up for the thrill of being in finals. Later we have the formal celebration dinner, so that is exciting. That's all for now.
Hope

1 comment: